Monday, June 15, 2009

Samuel's 3rd Birthday

This year I decided to make everything for my sons 3rd birthday. He picked Blue's Clues for the theme so I used a lot of blue. It was so much fun making all of these items for the party and I found it so worth it because I think all the children had a blast.

Here is the invitation I made. I used basic blue paper for the background and I used my cuttle bug to emboss the circle pattern on it. The Blues Clues picture was found on google search and I used my circut to cut out the party hat. The ribbon was stapled on the "you're invited" tag.
I love making things with Terracotta pots as most of you may know. You can view another pot I decorated for my cousin Catherine's Baby Shower below. This one was easy and fun because i was able to find all these characters from the Blues Clues show at nickjr.com. All I did was printed them out, cut them out and glued them to the stems.

This is made out of a tissue box that my son and I painted and add the face and dots. On the buttom I glued cut up toilet paper roll to make the legs and on top just cut a square hole so you could place your thoughts into for the birthday boy to read after the party.


I just had to make another pen.

Blues Clues Cake was a lot of fun to make! If you want details please ask but It is a lot to explain so I am going to give out a short version. I used 2 cake box mixes with lots of blue died vanilla icing. It was pretty easy to make it just took about a day to make, working on it off and on.

This is my son Samuel wearing the Blues Clues Ears I made for all the children. I think that he had a good time!

This is the goody bag with the hand made ears, games, color sheets, handy dandy note book, book mark, stickers, crayon, and of course I decorated the bags.

0 comments: